Friday, February 3, 2012

2012 Resolution



I just wanted to say...that at times, I am at major odds with social anxiety. Sometimes I win, sometimes it wins.

My behavior and interactions in social situations can be really weird. It's at its worst with my closest friends, but gets better the more I interact with people and push through the nervousness, chalk up the confidence to talk to someone, and force my brain not to blank.

I  avert eye contact, walk away, or do say anything and signal that I want nothing to do with talking to you, but I really mean the opposite. Instincts jump in the way and then my brain tries to fight back and it all materialize in a conglomeration that is just awkward, weird, and uncomfortable on both ends.

It sucks! But, my 2012 resolution is to win all the time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment